The Résumé of Aric C. Harris
To use visual, audio, and interactive design with new media technologies to drive the client’s message, increase user adoption, and provide the audience with a better user experience. At the same time, continuously learn and incorporate new academic and artistic skills to apply critical and analytical thinking skills in the creative process.
Skills and Training
Front-End and UX/UI devlopment, Application Development, Information
Architecture, Digital Media Creation, Email Marketing, Creative Direction, Audio and Video production, Print Design, Research and Writing, SEO, and Social Media Engagement.
2005 – Present: Founder, Artistic Director, and Lead Designer
TikiKitchen Design, Indianapolis
Provide freelance web development, logo and identity design, multimedia, visual design and artistic services and consultations to small business, and
- OCS/VCS – Open Control Systems and Validated Custom Solutions
- The Childrens House of Indianapolis
- Bushi-Go Games
- The RichCo
- Geeking In Indiana
- The Makahiki: Midwest Tiki Fest
- Fraternal Order of Moai – Gumbo Limbo Chapter
- Fraternal Order of Moai – Pukapuka Chapter
2013 – 2015: Visual and Multimedia Designer / User Experience Manager
Collaborate with Product Development, Marketing, Engineering, and QA to create UI concepts around data visualization as well as create cross-department marketing collateral such as email, white paper, and presentation templates.
- Defining rules and guidelines for the execution of visual assets used in all
internal and external messaging.
- Designing and creating engaging marketing pieces from conference booths to
customer facing videos.
- Design and develop feature prototypes and proof of concepts focusing on
user experience and engagement.
- Create solid style rules for standardizing client facing, web application UI.
- Develop and execute graphic and video assets for stronger product marketing.
- Work across multiple teams to create a consistent look and feel that marries the client UI to the marketing website.
2012 – 2013: Senior Web Designer
Angie’s List, Indianapolis
Work with multiple teams in the marketing and usability departments to create site optimized redesigns, user test, and monitor user engagement to increase
- Design and develop logos, email designs, testing plans, landing page designs.
2005-2012: Creative Media and Technology Specialist
Antics, Digital Marketing, Belmont, CA
Work with creative team to implement client microsites, email campaigns, and
- Develop strategies to produce deliverables.
- Provide estimates, create production guidelines, and maintain production
schedules and workflow.
- Research new media technologies for delivering digital marketing content from mobile devices to desktop applications.
2003-2005: Student Director/ Graphic Designer
Student Media Interactive/Student Media Online
Managed Internet and multimedia projects. Designed websites, logos, and promotional materials for Student Media organizations.
2003-2008: Marquette University
Broadcast and Electronic Media, MA, 2008
New Media Studies, Rhetorical Criticism
2000-2002: Indiana State University
Radio/TV/Film, BS, 2002
New Media Design, Video and Audio Production